With more than 17 million monthly users eBay Kleinanzeigen is the largest C2C marketplace in Germany. The majority of our customers use us on their mobile devices. Our users enjoy our simplicity and the huge selection.
eBay Kleinanzeigen works like a startup, yet we are part of the global eBay family. Our 80-people sized team includes all required functions, which allows us to make decisions locally and move fast. Members of our team value the entrepreneurial spirit, the “can-do” attitude and their mutual respect for each other’s talent and contribution.
We are hiring a
Head of Design (f/m)
to lead our design team in Dreilinden near Berlin.
In this role you will be responsible for the full design process across all business units. You and your team will iteratively improve our product experiences. You will be the main driver in research and ideation, prototyping, usability testing, implementation and evaluation. You translate ideas into design concepts, interaction flows and visual designs and express them quickly as wireframes, mock-ups and design templates. You will bring our product and brand closer together. You will oversee the CI and CD guidelines of our brand not only within the products but also across all our marketing and communication activities.
What you’ll do
- You drive the design process including interaction and visual design.
- You act as an internal design ambassador to drive our understanding of what design is and how it impacts our users.
- You have the broader picture in mind and influence our strategy from a design perspective. At the same time, you love working hands-on and enjoy day-to-day design jobs.
- You want to understand how the business works and how design can support it.
- You turn broad conceptual ideas into shippable products.
- You work iteratively using customer data to take design decisions, incorporate user feedback and want to understand technical feasibility.
- You execute UX research, usability tests and drive prototyping efforts.
- You understand the brand and establish a clear relationship between product and marketing.
- You oversee the evolution and implementation of our brand design guidelines for all marketing and communication channels.
- You provide design guidance and are a sparring partner to our marketing team and our partner agencies.
Who you are
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education
- 5+ years of experience in leading a design team in an agile environment
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills and have a mastery of design patterns for mobile and web.
- A proven track record of growing and fostering the culture of existing teams.
- A customer-centric mindset and couple it with a strong understanding of usability.
- Great focus on outcomes rather than output and love a data-driven approach.
- Experience with UX techniques such as card sorting, journey maps, etc.
- You understand CI/CD and marketing communication principles
- You love autonomous and independent work. You are comfortable working with ambiguity
- Tool knowledge such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Proto.io and inVision.
- Nice to have: HTML / CSS, Animation Skills.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English.
What we offer
- Attractive salary and great benefits (Employee Stock Plans, Company Pension Scheme, Commuting allowance, shuttle Bus to S-Bahn Wannsee)
- Conference & Education Budget
- Latest Mac Book Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
- Mobile phone for business and personal use
- Free Snacks & Drinks, subsidized Lunch in the cafeteria
- Onsite Gym, Basketball & Volleyball Court, Table Soccer, Ping Pong
- Most importantly: Greatest people and spirit on the planet
What we value
We believe trade is more than a transaction. We foster trade that is simple, social and sustainable - for everyone. We strive for using an universal, up to date & consistent design language in all our products. We follow current UI/UX design best practices and adapt successful and validated concepts in an iterative way. Form follows content and function.
If you are a believer in customer-centric thinking, agile ways of working, feel responsible for your product and the brand, enjoy working in cross functional teams, want to focus on outcomes rather than output and most importantly want to make an impact - get in touch with us.