Help mold the future of cloud-based content/services. Amazon’s devices aren’t gadgets - they’re end-to-end services, backed by a vast selection of content, exclusive features, and the Amazon Cloud. If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be the right Technology Evangelist - Germany for Amazon Devices, like Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Kindle e-readers, and the cloud services and 3P app ecosystems that power them. Amazon is looking for an experienced evangelist to inspire developers worldwide, a community of made up of professional developers, students, hobbyists and partners. This role will be on the forefront of our developer ecosystems - in an area that represents an evolution in how customers think about Amazon.
The right candidate will have a passion and/or expertise in mobile applications, the Internet of Things, and consumer devices of all types. Evangelists represent Amazon by speaking at the most prominent industry events and also in smaller meetings with decision makers and developers. The ideal evangelist will possess excellent communication skills that will allow them to engaged hundreds of people at once or drive in-depth discussions with senior technical leaders. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges so that they can provide input back to our product teams and help shape the platform.
- Build and nurture a robust developer community, collect valuable feedback, and champion developer needs internally
- Serve as a thought leader externally and internally, providing guidance on best practices, industry trends, and future potential
- Build connections with influencers in the IoT industry, and represent Amazon with partners, customers and industry associations
- Engage with developers by speaking at and attending conferences, speaking at meet-ups.
- Educate developers on our platform through technical workshops or hackathons
- Create technical recourse that can be used by other developers.
- Serve as the public face of a new platform on social media, including Twitter, YouTube, and blogs
- Relevant senior level experience in technical roles - mobile, IoT, or related.
- Relevant senior level experience in evangelizing technologies and building / maintaining developer relations.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field
- Masters or PhD in engineering, computer science, or a related technical field preferred