UX Lead Germany (f/m)
Preferred locations: Frankfurt or Hamburg
Cognizant is looking for a UX Lead Germany (f/m) with strong UI and UX understanding to join our design team in Germany. You and your team will create intuitive and engaging applications, websites and online experiences to deliver significant impact to our client’s businesses.
As a UX Lead Germany at Cognizant, you will creatively solve complex design challenges from a diverse set of perspectives, contexts and research inputs, while applying your own informed views and taste. Charged with helping lead client engagements and guiding other members of your design team, you will define and drive the design process, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful, solutions from concept to launch.
You will work with key partners and stakeholders to deliver products and services to the world through web and mobile experiences. You will contribute to the development of key interactive experiences and flows that are consistent and intuitive and collaborate daily with a diverse set of specialists from information architects, designers, project managers, writers and developers to deliver these digital experiences.
As a UX Lead Germany, you will provide guidance and mentorship to your junior team members, in addition to being a readily available collaborator for more senior design practice and broader firm colleagues. You are also expected to participate in helping build the Cognizant design practice in Germany.
- Oversee the creative quality - Inspire your team and play a pinnacle role in the development of the design group in Germany
- Monitor and drive the team - Utilize the best and latest methods and tools
- Owning user experience - Take ownership of one or more parts of the user experience: mapping user journeys and designing interactions and interfaces.
- Creating UX designs - Create clear documentation (including UX design rules, paper and click-through prototypes) that fosters a delightful user experience.
- Researching UX - Participate in user experience research and usability studies.
- Building knowledge across the team - Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Working across multiple projects - Execute against multiple work streams in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually-based, iconic experiences.
- Articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and client.
- Long-term experience in the field - experience with a range of UI/UX and interactive work and the accompanying portfolio of mobile digital experiences
- Experience in leading a project team - managing scope, managing deliverables, and managing client interactions
- Knowledge of agile software development process
- Knowing the tools - Expert proficiency with Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch and other web design tools.
- Conveying concepts - Strong Interaction design work: ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mock-ups.
- Good understanding of visual design - Comfort with generating graphic representations, working closely with the visual designers to develop a creative and rich visual language; on-screen graphic design, illustration and data visualization.
- Quick prototyping - Fluent in creating quick and dirty prototypes for web and/or mobile app experiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - Paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to influence senior client business and design/marketing executives on design decisions
- Ability to work under pressure - Manage client expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on Team
- Fluent German and English language skills - Both verbal and written
- Strong customer Focus and flexibility to travel
Let’s grow together, let’s grow now!
Please apply online. Portfolio of work samples showcasing UX design work required.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 75 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 260,200 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.