Sedo GmbH, based in Cologne (Germany) and Boston (USA), is the world's leading domain trading platform with around 18 million domain names with all available extensions offered for sale. Over 2 million customers trade on our platform in many different languages. Our website is available in 11 languages and our international team speaks 25 languages. As the leader in the domain secondary market, Sedo provides customers and sellers with all services associated with domains, such as Domain Monetization/Parking, Domain Appraisals, Domain Transfers & Escrow and Domain Brokerage/Marketing.
Headquartered in Cologne and with an office in Boston, Sedo GmbH is internationally oriented. The company is part of the United Internet AG Group.
At our Cologne location, we are looking for a
Frontend Web Developer (m/f)
We are committed to permanently modernize our software, processes and tools. We use modern technologies like Typescript, Sass, React and Grunt. On the process side Scrum, continuous integration and tools like Jira, Git and Jenkins are our daily business. We just started a project to introduce DevOps.
- Your main focus is the development of our marketplace front-end
- You convert graphic designs to W3C-compliant HTML so that our pages can be displayed in all popular browsers
- You actively participate creatively in the further development of our marketplace
- Two to 3 years’ experience in website development
- Completed studies in media based computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of TYPO3 is useful but not essential
- Experience with the implementation of responsive website behavior
- Very good knowledge of the general functioning of internet and search engines including SEO
- Experience in the preparation of graphics for website implementation (Photoshop etc.)
- Enjoy working in SCRUM
- Good knowledge of German, both written and spoken, as well as good English skills
What you can expect
We offer you a responsible position with the global market leader in the domain trading sector, located directly in Cologne Media Park. With us, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your performance and efficiency in an international, open-minded team of 130 colleagues. Day-to-day operations are characterized by flat hierarchies and open communication. A dynamic market environment provides for constant challenges and a wide variety of tasks. On top of all that, we offer our personnel an attractive all-round package.
Have we sparked your interest? Then please send us your complete application documents, stating your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. Please apply by email.